Happy Friday, Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) sports fans.
Hope all is well in your world. After this weekend, we will know the seeds for the ACC tournament – can’t wait for it all to start!!
Let’s check in with our #ACC bloggers and see what is going on in ACC country:
- On an independent Virginia Tech athletics blog, @TechLunchPailD of The Tech Lunch Pail gives the details on Ty Outlaw’s emergence with the Chris Clarke out for the year for Virginia Tech men’s basketball – and yes Ty has taken some pretty damn big leaps. We are talking about someone who has gone 21 of 29 from three-point land. Someone who broke hit a school record 8 three-point shots in one game. Outlaw is a big reason the Hokies are headed to NCAA tournament for the first time in a decade.
- @RobertReinhard talks about the Demon Deacons signature win over Louisville over at SBN Nation Wake Forest blog, Blogger So Dear – and it was a big win. If Wake Forest wins on Saturday at Virginia Tech, they will be off the bubble – and in the NCAA tournament (h/t @TalkinACCSports).
- This is sort of funny here lol. Apparently, Georgia Tech men’s basketball coach, Josh Pastner, returned the voicemail of a Syracuse fan who called to complain about excessive “airball” chants from the crowd. (h/t @FTRSJoey over at SB Nation Georgia Tech athletics blog, From the Rumble Seat).
- Fansided Clemson athletics blog @RubbingtheRock, says that Clemson must recruit better to compete in ACC men’s basketball. We agree. We also think that Clemson needs a new coach. (h/t @TalkinACCSports)
- @cwdarney of SB Nation Virginia athletics blog, Streaking The Lawn, tells us that it will be a very emotional senior day for London Perrantes. We tend to agree.
And that’s it for this week. Please join us again for another edition of Around the #ACC Blogosphere.