Good morning, Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) sports fans. One Saturday to go!!!!!!
Let’s get you caught up with some ACC news and notes:
- Appears that Thomas Sirk, the Duke senior starting QB, is likely out for the year (h/t @AP_Top25). That’s kind a crushing blow and it lowers my predicted records for the Blue Devils. FWIW, I had the Blue Devils as a bowl team – I don’t now.
- Transfer Jerod Evans was names the starting quarterback for Virginia Tech (that might have been the worst kept secret on the east coast) – h/t @AP_Top25). College GameDay is coming to Bristol for the Virginia Tech football game with Tennessee. Thursday was a good day for Hokie Nation.
- Deshaun Watson is ready to embrace the spotlight. He’s up 25 pounds since his freshman year – he is likely NYC-bound for the Heisman Trophy (one of the favorites), will likely be playing for a national title, and could be the top pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- WTH was North Carolina thinking when it hired Tim Beckman. (h/t @PostSports)
- Jimbo Fisher is going to have a young, redshirt freshman, Deondre Francis, start at quarterback. That worked out pretty well for Florida State in 2013-14 – Seminoles won the national title that year.
- Louisville QB, Lamar Jackson, is the most exciting player in the ACC that no one hears about because he plays in the same ACC division as Deshaun Watson. That will change this year (h/t @slmandel).
Make sure you check out the FCS Kickoff tonight – North Dakota State University takes on Charleston Southern in the Fargodome!!!!