Good morning, Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) fans. My buddy @TalkinACCSports is on his way to Europe (I’m jealous!!).
I’m going to drop another edition of Around the ACC Blogosphere just because it is indeed the offseason (site owner, Jeff, usually does this during the week, but there was a lot of good blogging and info that came out so I thought a 2nd edition was necessary) – we deathly miss college football – and it’s always good to check and see what’s going on around the conference. Here we go:
- The guys at Louisville Cardinals blog, Cardinal Sports Zone (@CardSportsZone), including @StevenRummage, @Jeremy_CSZ, and @JustinRenck, bring you another edition of their great show associated with ESPN’s @939TheVille. They talk about Bobby Petrino, what do do with available basketball scholarships, and several other topics.
- Continuing our focus on terrific blogging from Cardinal Nation, @_EthanMoore of Louisville Sports Live (@LvilleSprtsLive) provides a response as to how the ACC can maximize its value. It’s a really good read.
- SB Nation’s Virginia blog, Streaking the Lawn, provides three takeaways from the Hoos spring football festival.
- Fansided Clemson Blog, Rubbing the Rock @RubbingTheRock), tells us how much the university spent on each player attending the College Football Playoff. The ACC will be distributing $70.9 million to member schools as part of Clemson’s participation (that’s pretty cool).
- Florida State men’s basketball fans got some good news this week. Via SBN Nation Florida State blog, Tomahawk Nation, Xavier Rathan-Mayes is not in the NBA early entry list.
- Virginia Tech, Tech Lunch Pail, says that Jerod Evans should be names the starting quarterback right now. I agree.
- James Curle (@JamesCurle) and Matt Purdy (@UMWolfPack87) discuss NC State’s spring football game on the latest edition of the Riddick and Reynolds podcast.
And that’s it for this Saturday – join us again for another edition of Around the ACC Blogosphere.